Driver - Mixer Truck - Hastings, NE Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hastings, NE 68901, US
Founded 150 years ago by a Civil War veteran and pioneer, Gerhold Concrete Company, Inc., A CRH Company, is a major regional supplier of concrete and building materials with 15 locations across Nebraska and Iowa, serving areas in central and northeastern Nebraska, southeastern South Dakota, and western Iowa.
Drives truck equipped with auxiliary concrete mixer to deliver concrete mix to job sites by performing the following duties.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Comply with all Department of Transportation requirements including but not limited to licensing, vehicle inspection, and hours of service.
- Inspects the truck as required at the start of each workday, completing the Driver Check-off Sheet which indicates that all systems are functioning properly.
- Drives truck to location for unloading in a safe manner
- Backs truck under batching or loading hopper to receive concrete.
- Climbs the ladder, approximately 10-12 feet, on the mixer truck to view the load of concrete for consistency and amount, to inspect the drum for cleanliness.
- Adjusts the trailer axle pressure depending on the weight of the load.
- Follows written and verbal instructions to include city street maps and has the ability to complete necessary paperwork.
- Maneuvers the truck up to deliver concrete to the point of delivery.
- Assembles concrete chute(s) weighing 35-50 pounds each.
- Moves hand and foot controls and understands and follows hand signals while operating the truck.
- Cleans truck after loading and after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck.
- Sprays surfaces of truck with acid compound to clean truck and drum in accordance with company standards.
- Reads, understands and complies with the Safety Manual and Employee Manual.
- Understands that attendance and punctuality are required each day of work.
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Class A or Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must possess a valid Medical Card as per DOT requirements.
- Report to the plant dressed appropriately and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work independently within a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by email, telephone and in person.
- Regularly able to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to frequently stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp or manipulate switches and controls.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, inclined walkways and access elevated platforms.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, typical seasonal cold and heat temperatures. The employee is exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Gerhold Concrete Company Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.