Dump Truck Driver Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Tulsa, OK 74116, US
Job Description Summary
The Truck Driver is responsible for operating trucks to transport dirt, aggregate, asphalt, and other materials and/or equipment to various job site locations. Will also work in the yard area to stockpile and move materials as needed. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of equipment/trucks. Work will be performed per the supervisor’s instruction, free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs.
- Operates truck in safe and professional manner on public highways, roads, in the yard area and at various job sites to deliver materials. Trucks driven include but are not limited to: dump truck and semi-tractor truck with attached trailers.
- Performs daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines.
- Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions.
- Must keep vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- This position is considered "safety sensitive" due to the nature of driving a dump truck.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Must have 2-3 years Verifiable Commerical Truck Driving Experience.
- Must be 21 years in age or older.
- Must pass DOT physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- MVR must meet company and DOT standards.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must maintain a CDL A or CDL B license.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.