Dump Truck Driver - RiverBend Materials (Salem, OR) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Salem, OR 97317, US
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions):
- Operates truck in safe and professional manner on public highways, roads, in the yard area and at various job sites to deliver materials. Trucks driven include dump truck and semi-tractor truck with attached trailers.
- Attaches and removes pup trailers, belly dump & side dump trailers, transfer trailers and tilt/transport trailers to truck as needed.
- Unrolls truck tarp to cover loads when required.
- Dump/spreads materials as requested per job order.
- Shovels any remaining materials out of the dump box after a delivery as needed.
- Applies chains to tires as required by road conditions.
- Keeps accurate log of deliveries and completes required paperwork for billing.
- Hauls various equipment or materials on tilt/transport trailers to transfer to other job site locations.
- Maintains equipment in a safe and clean condition.
- Performs pre and post trip truck and trailer inspections.
- Checks fluid levels, tires, lights, and other controls for safe operation.
- Fuels truck.
- Cleans truck by washing the outside and keeping the inside cab clean. Cleans dump box using water spray gun to clean out any remaining materials.
- Informs Service Technician and Supervisor of any maintenance or repairs needed. May perform minor maintenance tasks to trucks or equipment as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Class A CDL with Tanker endorsement and current DOT medical card
- Must have the ability to interpret and apply verbal and/or written instructions in English
- Basic mechanical skills preferred
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical
- MVR must meet company and DOT standards.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel to our various locations throughout the Willamette Valley when needed
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of trucks and related equipment to be operated.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as being able to work independently with attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Job requires climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, frequent lifting of extensions chutes, stretching, sitting/driving, shifting gears, and covering/uncovering load when applicable.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to focus.
- Must be able to lift hood of truck unassisted on an on-going basis.
- Able to climb in and out of truck 3-4 steps.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
River Bend Sand & Gravel is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.