EHS Manager - Vancouver, BC Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Delta, BC, Canada
Environmental, Health, & Safety
- As a department leader always ensure professionalism in conduct and in appearance at all times
- Ensure confidentiality as it relates to safety, employees and Expocrete business
- Cultivate strong and effective working relationships with facility and functional area leadership
- Build and foster positive working relationships with external providers, suppliers, and customers
- Provide sound judgement in pursuance of duties while practicing the highest standards of honesty and integrity
- Protect and promote the safety and health of people, property, the environment, and the business
- Manage environmental project activities including, scheduling, tracking, and planning for environmental assessments, site investigations, feasibility studies, and remedial action plans.
- Implement and support all Environmental, Health and Safety Programs including all regulatory compliance programs
- Provide continuous interpretation and compliance planning for current and emerging safety and environmental regulatory requirements at all levels affecting the assigned facilities including federal, provincial, municipal, etc.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to facility leadership and employees in respect to environmental, health and safety matters
- Work closely with Area Managers to ensure environmental, health and safety programs are effectively implemented, facility performance and impact data are provided in an accurate and timely manner and programs are maintained
- Assist facility mangers in working with regulators to develop solutions to health, safety, and environmental issues
- Work with Supervisors and Managers to understand production processes and job demands to identify potential safety concerns
- Assist in planning for changes in physical facilities and equipment to meet HSE requirements
- Research various HSE best practices and incorporate into the company’s existing HSE program in collaboration with Assistant General Manager
- Monitor and provide reporting regarding occupational hygiene testing to facilities (e.g. noise, air quality, etc.)
- Coordinate with Regional EHS Director on global APG and CRH initiatives and strategies
- Monitor and proactively report facility HSE performance
- Coordinate the administration of the company’s safety award program
- Act as Program Coordinator for company Fleet Safety Program
- Oversee and submit appropriate documentation related to work-place injury claims, manage the return-to-work process
- Manage Fit for Work program with Human Resources department
- Maintain records and files as they relate to the HSE department (WCB, incident reporting, testing, training, audits/inspections, etc.).
- Oversee HSE incident reporting, investigations and the implementation of appropriate corrective actions and prevention initiatives
- Track and provide sustainability reporting to Regional EHS Director annually and upon request
- Provide solutions and ideas which support Expocrete in achieving financial goals
- Work to find ways to continuously improve and save the company money
- Maintain the Health & Safety budget, reporting significant expenses related to the department to the Controller
- Assist Supervisors and Managers with ongoing planning of employee training across all assigned facilities
- Ensure facilities are compliant with employee HSE-related certifications by assisting with monitoring training and recertification needs as applicable
- Continue professional development and competence by maintaining relevant certification and designations (i.e., First Aid certification)
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Base salary range starts at $95,000 - $105,000
- Competitive bonus program
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.