Electrical Engineer - Chanute Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chanute, KS 66720, US
At Ash Grove Cement, people are our first priority. We offer a complete benefits package, and opportunities for your continued growth and development!
- Promote and follow all plant safety guidelines.
- Assumes responsibility for the maintenance of survey equipment, computer automation hardware and software, and other plant equipment utilized by the electrical Plant Engineer.
- Heavily involved in PLC additions and requirements.
- Conducts and/or participates in plant meetings regarding operations activities, safety, environmental issues, and special projects.
- Plans, surveys, designs and writes electrical specifications and obtains electrical contractors for the implementation of new projects as well as the revision of existing ones. Supervises and inspects the work performed by contractors.
- Provides misc engineering assistance as needed for various quarry operations and plant construction projects.
- Assists as specified by plant management in maintaining compliance with local, state and federal regulations pertaining to safety, environmental issues, etc. Provides associated training as needed.
- Performs field measurements, inventory calculations and related activities in conjunction with materials inventories.
- Prepares and submits reports on various engineering activities as requested by plant management.
- Maintains updated plant equipment data files, site maps, various drawings, engineering reference material and/or records of the plant's locations of underground utilities.
- Inspects electrical equipment received at the plant.
- Conducts electrical safety training and inspections as needed.
- Attends RCRA training for waste-derived fuel activities (cement plants only).
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to read, write and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.