Electrician -Durkee, OR Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Durkee, OR 97905, US
- Troubleshoot, calibrate and repair electric and electronic circuits, equipment, controls, and instrumentation as needed.
- Interpret and work from blueprints, charts, tables, work orders, verbal instructions, and established practices to organize and complete assigned repair jobs. Solve routine job problems effectively.
- Performs repairs, routine maintenance, and preventive maintenance on plant equipment.
- Performs the construction and installation of new plant electrical equipment and systems.
- Modifies existing plant electrical equipment, instruments, and systems.
- Inspects plant electrical systems and equipment for needed preventive maintenance.
- Inspect and service electrical motors, including bearing lubrication and replacement.
- Install power and control wiring including conduit and cable tray.
- Must be willing and able to learn operations and troubleshooting of plant environmental equipment.
- Responsible for housekeeping and clean-up of immediate work areas or in other areas in conjunction with assigned duties.
- Responsible for documentation associated with job duties.
- Aids in training electrical apprentices.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Electrical Supervisor, as needed.
- On a continuing basis observes all safety rules, wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee will be required to follow all job instructions of his/her supervisor and to perform other work assignments related to plant operations and safety policies.
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Ability to read and interpret warning labels, safety instructions, product use instructions, and electrical drawings including schematics, interconnection, conduit and cabinet drawings.
- Knowledge and understanding of ladder logic in programmable logic controllers.
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Code.
- Ability to solve routine electrical and instrumentation problems effectively.
- Knowledge of plant safety and lockout procedures and the ability to follow all plant rules.
- Ability to safely and effectively use screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, basic hand tools, Ohmmeter, Meg Ohm meter, recorders, amp meter, conduit bender, threading machine, wire puller, forklift, man lift, and related equipment.
May need to pass a basic electrical instrumentation test.
3 years of experience in work as an electrician
Licenses and Certifications
Other - Journeyman Electrician (Preferred)
- H.S. Diploma / GED
Associate's Degree , Vocational Program or Trade School. (Preferred)
If you are related to anyone presently employed by Ash Grove Cement Company, please provide their name and relationship to you in the space below.
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.