Engineering Manager - Littleton, CO Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Littleton, CO 80125, US
- The Engineering Manager shall oversee all Engineering, Drafting and Quality Control operations. The Engineer Manager shall work on various engineering and technical projects, as well as continuous improvements in manufacturing. These projects and duties can vary greatly based on the current needs of the plants.
- The Engineering Manager must demonstrate the ability to work with specifiers and owners to get our precast products incorporated into project designs. He/she will also need experience in managing Engineers, Drafters and Quality Control personnel.
- The manager should be able to demonstrate presentation skills to work comfortably in front of a group. There will be occasional overnight travel to other plants, job sites and meeting/seminar locations across the region as needed by current projects being worked on.
- Manage product design, calculations, drawings, estimating, quotes, production, delivery and installation of precast and pipe products. Assist Plants with Engineering design and production, and improvements to design and production processes.
- Manage CAD Departments to run effectively.
- Oversee Drafting Department to improving efficiency and quality of drawings.
- Develop and provide information on Best Practices in the Engineering and Production Departments (rebar reduction, form improvements, efficiency improvements, mix designs, etc.).
- Provide technical assistance and perform technical sales presentations in front of a group.
- Provide engineering and development to new and existing products using design programs such as SAP 2000, RISA 3D, AutoCAD, Excel spreadsheets, Mathcad, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil, Mechanical or Structural Engineering.
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret drawings and be able to perform structural designs for such products as box culverts, bridges and specialty structures.
- Must be able to use a variety of computer programs, including AutoCAD, FEA, Word, MathCAD, Excel.
- Must have good organization and communication skills.
- Must be able to interact with customers, managers, engineers, drafters and other employees to resolve engineering and management related issues.
- Must be a problem solver and detailed-oriented person.
- Needs to be a “hands on” personality who can deal with going from an office environment to a plant of field environment.
- Ability to learn the Oldcastle management structure and MIS system as necessary.
- Salary ranges between $110,000-$120,000 BOE.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.