Entry Level Quarry Laborer Lincoln, KS Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Lincoln, KS 67455, US
Laborers and Production Workers
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
· Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
· Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
· Report any problems to your manager.
· Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project.
· Maintain cleanliness of yard or plant.
· Operate various types of equipment such as dozer, loader, skid steer, man lift, forklift, water truck, mixer truck and sweeper.
· Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
· Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used inn quarry operations.
· Will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers and others at the work site.
· When working with co-workers and others at the work site, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
· Perform servicing and maintenance of equipment as trained and directed by management.
· Perform daily pre-and post- inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
· Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA / Environmental regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
· Perform general labor duties as assigned.
· Perform maintenance on plant equipment as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
· Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
· Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
· Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
· Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
· Report to work at the designated start time.
· Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
· Be able to work overtime when required.
· Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
· Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
· Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
· Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
· Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
· Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
· Previous related experience in construction field, specifically with heavy equipment operation is preferred.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.