Environmental Compliance Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Antonio, TX 78253, US
Environmental, Health, & Safety
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Conduct compliance reviews, inspections, and internal audits to ensure adherence with all applicable environmental permits, rules, and regulations.
- Obtain all environmental permits required for company plants, sites, and projects.
- Ensure all compliance or monitoring tests are conducted in accordance with timeframes outlined in environmental operation permits.
- Maintain documentation on compliance activities such as inspections, audits, complaints, and investigations.
- Inform internal field employees, managers, and outside contractors of company environmental policy, best practice, and compliance requirements.
- Provide educational training on environmental issues and responsibilities.
- Participate in environmental education and research.
- Report all violations of environmental permits, rules, and regulations to company management personnel and, when required by operational permits, to duly authorized regulatory agencies.
- Keep informed regarding changes to environmental legislation, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact these changes will have on company operations.
- Lead implementation of compliance-related policies/procedures.
- Review required documentation at all sites, projects, and plants to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Advise field and management on use of any environmental compliance or reporting tools.
- Develop and implement environmental compliance plans for programs such as air quality, stormwater discharges, oil spill prevention or control, recycling, managing hazardous materials, employee education, etc
- Ensure proper surface and groundwater management and spill and contingency planning are in compliance with Clean Water Act regulatory requirements.
- Manage, amend and/or submit all land, air, and water permits in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Coordinate industrial hygiene sampling, as needed.
- Monitor developing environmental federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and risk initiatives; analyze potential impacts on system operations; provide operations and upper management with information as appropriate.
- Direct all activities focused on environmental compliance.
- File all compliance or annual reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Complete annual CRH sustainability report in a timely manner.
- Carry out all assigned tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an environmental-related field is preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience in the environmental field and/or construction field is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Sound judgment in the application of environmental and safety principles
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to everyone at all times
- Computer skills and the ability to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required, including nights and weekends when necessary.
- Must be willing to travel around the Waco, Austin, Marble Falls and San Antonio areas
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and MSHA.
- Compliance with all OSHA and MSHA regulations
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization’s goals and objectives.
- High ethical work standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Ability to deal with the public in a pleasant, courteous, and calm manner in all circumstances.
- Ability to work under pressure and be multi-task oriented.
- Capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research and evaluation.
- Ability to drive change and sell new concepts and approaches through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity, follow-through, and commitment.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Able to use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, crawl, kneel, and bend.
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50lbs
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Competitive base pay
- Medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Texas Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.