Equipment Operator/Laborer ($1000 Sign-On Bonus) - Interstate Concrete & Asphalt (Rathdrum, ID) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Rathdrum, ID 83858, US
Laborers and Production Workers
Equipment Operator/Laborer - Grade Crew
- Operate Roller, Grader, Loader, Excavator and other heavy equipment safely and efficiently
- Load and unload equipment and secure equipment on trailer.
- Assist the crew to perform labor tasks including shoveling, raking, and compacting of asphalt materials.
- Operate CDL water truck, oil distributors and other equipment as instructed.
- Other tasks as assigned to meet business needs
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions
- Regular and timely attendance
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Shovel, rake and compact materials in grade and pave operations
- Operate asphalt saw, concrete saw, chain saw and other power tools to remove asphalt and debris
- Traffic control, including flagging and set-up of signs, cones and barriers
- Perform underground adjustments (i.e. manholes, catch basins).
- Measure, mark, paint and stake per measurements for grade and pave operations
- Load, unload from work truck and clean tools and equipment as needed
- Routinely assist other members of the work force in different areas of production.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Previous heavy equipment operation or construction related experience highly preferred.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates the willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Class A CDL with self-certification of non-excepted interstate and current DOT medical card preferred. Will train the right candidate to obtain a CDL license.
- Must pass DOT physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.