Equipment Transportation Truck Driver ($1000) - Interstate Concrete & Asphalt (Sandpoint, ID) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sandpoint, ID 83864, US
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and promptly report all maintenance or repair issues to supervisor.
- Operate truck and trailer safely and efficiently by utilizing within its designed parameters to transport equipment between jobsites and facilities. Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions.
- Operate equipment to load and unload trailer.
- Utilize chains and binders to secure loads to the trailer.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle. Investigate abnormalities.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to shop personnel. Perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs (i.e. mud flaps and mirror adjustments).
- Complete written report of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel.
- Move material as necessary in the performance of the job or as directed.
- Maintain vehicle in a clean an orderly condition, inside and out. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain operator logs, time cards, mileage sheets, vehicle repair sheets, and records in accordance with company policy and departmental transportation regulations.
- There may be some out-of-town deliveries or pick up of equipment.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Routinely assist other members of the work force in different areas of production.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Two years general driving experience preferred in a commercial or construction setting highly preferred.
- Class A CDL required and current interstate DOT medical card required.
- Double/Triple Endorsements
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Basic mechanical skills required.
- Ability to load and unload onto a detachable Goose neck Trailer.
- Knowledge of DOT Load Securement Regulations.
- Must pass DOT physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.