Estimator - Mansfield, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
mansfield, TX 76063, US
Sales & Estimating
The Estimator. is the fulcrum to Oldcastle Infrastructure’s business to ensure there is a counterbalance to the customer needs and OI’s profitability through accurate summation of all project costs through analyzing drawings and technical documents to create an accurate proposal for the customer.
The Estimator. is responsible for all allocated inbound non-transactional RFQs. They review drawings, technical documents and other associated documentation to complete take-offs, pricing and ultimately a quote through partnering with other key Oldcastle Infrastructure functional areas such as sales, strategic account managers, production, engineering and transportation in a timely manner.
Estimators are individuals that exhibit organizational discipline and meticulous attention to detail while managing multiple RFQs.
- Complete take-offs and quotes for all RFQ’s brought in by the outside sales team.
- Send quote to customer before due date, ensuring outside salesperson is copied on all correspondence.
- Communicate directly with customer regarding quantity verification/confirmation and quote structure
- Work with the sales team on proposal strategy, basis-of-design changes, or value engineering options
- Work with vendors to prepare bids and write proposals.
- Manage bids that range in size and complexity simultaneously.
- Review and analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare, cost and labor estimates for products, projects or services.
- Utilize market-based price list provided by sales manager.
- Assist in development of department improvement initiatives such as historical data, tool and template development and closing out win/loss jobs in ERP
- Work with outside sales to ensure all Oldcastle Infrastructure products are being considered – “Own the Jobsite” mentality.
- Work with OSR to understand and complete an entire bid package properly
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of how to read and interpret schematics and engineering drawings
- 3+ years of recent construction and/or bidding experience a plus
- Knowledge of software’s for proposal drawings
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.