Estimator/Project Manager- Draper, UT Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Draper, UT 84401, US
- Be able to bid and manage multiple jobs concurrently.
- Must have experience with estimating earthwork, demolition, and utility projects, including quantity take-off, pricing, crew production and scheduling.
- Visit project sites weekly to monitor progress, update schedules and review cost with Project Superintendent.
- Manage profit /loss of projects through weekly cost reviews.
- Management of awarded projects including but not limited to: see that all safety practices are followed throughout construction, create and update project schedules, create month billings, review of job cost costs, work with field personnel to build project, manage / price change orders and oversight of subcontractor and vendors.
- Work owners/customers to help ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Bid 2 Win, Trimble Business Center, Plan Swift and ViewPoint.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or other related field.
- Five+ years construction estimating experience is preferred; or an equivalent of education and experience will be accepted
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. .
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute, rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Reynolds Excavation, Demolition & Utilities is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.