Excavation Foreman - Reynolds Excavation, Demolition, & Utilities Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Draper, UT 84020, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
- Implement and enforce company safety policies.
- Conduct daily TRACK meetings and ensure good risk assessments for all work activities.
- Ensure the safety of crew members and the public who may interact with job.
- Attend project handoff meetings with Estimator and Superintendent and understand project scope.
- Manage permitting and updating of Blue Stakes.
- Set daily production goals for work activities and report progress to Superintendent.
- Organize and schedule crews/equipment daily and weekly.
- Train new crew members.
- Responsible for quality control of all work performed by crews (grade, compaction, etc.)
- Work with Trucking Supervisor to manage trucks on jobsites.
- Clean and prepare equipment prior to transport.
- Ensure that equipment is properly used and maintained while on site.
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely equipment write-ups to initiate necessary repairs and maintenance.
- Perform proper pre and post inspections of equipment each day.
- Secure and properly park equipment at end of shift.
- Input all required data into Infield program daily including but not limited to progress for all phases in which cost are incurred.
- Review project cost reports weekly with superintendent and discuss progress.
- Conduct equipment and task training for crew members as required and as directed by the Superintendent.
- Properly obtain materials onsite through utilization of purchase order system.
- Other duties as assigned per Supervisor
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and 3 to 5 years of related earthwork experience or an equivalent combination of education and training.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
- Standard Driver’s License
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills and attributes
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Reynolds Excavation, Demolition & Utilities, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.