Fabricator - Grand Prairie, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Grand Prairie, TX 75050, US
Forklift, Equipment and Machine Operators
Must be able to read and understand sketches and interpret their meaning onto glass edges. Must be able to read schedules and understand edger’s production demands based on information schedules. Operate a grinder to fabricate a quality ground or polished edge. Operate overhead crane and vacuum lift. Perform routine maintenance on machines. Complete daily work sheets and forms.
- We have a “team concept” at our facility- you can expect to have different responsibilities within the facility on a rotating basis
- Safely handling glass and metal product from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more hours daily
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- Basic computer familiarity.
- The ability to read and use a tape measure.
- Read and perform mathematical calculations and measurements with numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Previous experience in a warehouse, manufacturing, or production facility is preferred
- Must be punctual and able to work overtime as needed, including weekends
- All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production as needed
- Must be at least 18 years of age and eligible to work in the United States
- Ability to stand and walk on concrete floor for eight hours or more
- Ability to wear company-issued safety shirt, hard hat, steel-toed boots, safety glasses and hearing protection
- Ability to work in varied temperatures
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
- Holiday pay and health care options after 90 days
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.