Field Service Mechanic- Ogden, UT Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Ogden, UT 84401, US
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Troubleshoots problems, making economical and durable repairs.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists and hand tools.
- Maintains and repairs heavy equipment, trucks, shop, and non-mobile equipment on a company-wide basis.
- Services vehicles/equipment to include oil changes, greasing, adding fluids, changing filters and maintaining preventative maintenance schedules.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical and hydraulic systems, diesel and gasoline engines, transmissions, drive trains, etc.
- Orders parts and supplies. Maintains purchase orders and invoices. Operates computer for job functions.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Welds broken parts and structural members.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical agilities testing.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to two years of related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
- Must have a current and valid Class A CDL with Hazmat & Tanker Endorsements. Willing to help obtain CDL.
- Own tools are required
- Must have knowledge of Highway Trucks, Cement Mixers , Construction equipment.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Staker Parson Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.