Forklift Operator - Elgin, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Elgin, TX 78621, US
Forklift, Equipment and Machine Operators
- Operate stretch wrap machines, film roll up-enders, and extended boom arm forklift equipment
- Organize product on the yard according to inventory procedures
- Safely load product onto and unload product from flatbeds and box trailers
- Validate packing slips, ship tickets, and other delivery documentation by auditing, recording and interpreting shipping documentation, weights & measures, labels and production schedules
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- At least 2 years’ experience operating 5,000 lb forklift in an outdoor yard environment
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Ability to perform routine inspection, fueling & preventive maintenance duties (lubrication, cleaning, battery change)
- Ability to read and write in English
- Math, communication, and comprehension skills to interface with transportation, dispatch, & direct trailer hitch operations
- Ability to successfully pass internal Forklift Certification Training and demonstrate safety procedures
- Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear
- The employee will be required to sit for extended periods of time
- The employee may frequently stand on their feet
- The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. from the ground level. The need to lift over 65 lbs. may arise from time to time – should this be the case, employees should engage in team lifting and/or use the provided equipment to safely lift
- The employee must have the capability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and your whole body – bending, crouching, climbing - using steps and ladders, pushing pulling, stooping and reaching
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.