Forklift Operator - Hurst, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hurst, TX 76053, US
Forklift, Equipment and Machine Operators
- Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device
- Inventories materials on work floor and supply workers with materials as needed
- Performs routine maintenance to include recharge batteries; lubricating, fueling and cleaning
- Weighs materials or products and recordings weight on tags, labels, or production schedules
- Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area
- Ability to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals and maneuver steering wheel to operator equipment
Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; a minimum of two years of related experience in trades specific to job requirements; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be bilingual
- Must be able to pass an internal certification program
- Must have computer skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs
- Withstand repetitive motion of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.