Forklift Operator - Oklahoma City, OK Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Oklahoma City, OK 73135, US
Forklift, Equipment and Machine Operators
Operates forklift as directed and without supervision while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements
- Position forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials
- Hook tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transport load to designated area
- Unload and stack material by raising and lowering lifting device
- Inventory materials on work floor and supply workers with materials as needed
- Perform routine maintenance to include recharging batteries, lubricating, fueling and cleaning
- Weigh materials or products and record weight on tags, labels, or production schedules
- Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area
Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma/equivalent; a minimum of two years of related experience in trades specific to job requirements; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to pass an internal certification program
- Ability to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals and maneuver steering wheel to operator equipment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- Withstand repetitive motion of the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.