General Labourer (Night Shift) - Calgary, AB Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Calgary, AB T2C 2K3, Canada
Laborers and Production Workers
We believe that working with OBE should be what you WANT to do, not just what you have to do!
We believe in relationship over transactions and casual over formal.
We strive every day to make OBE's environment like coming home.
We do this because we know that when you enjoy what you do, you just do it better!
Working with Oldcastle means a commitment to work/life balance but also offers so much more!!
• Health & Dental benefits
• 4 paid flex days annually
• 6% Vacation after 3 years
• 5% RRSP/DPSP Match
• All PPE provided with boot allowance (we pay up to 60% to a max of $120.00 every 2 years)
• Cross training and advancement opportunities
Off-loaders play a critical role in our glass tempering process. You will work safely with the Off-load team to sort, tag and move all outcoming glass product from our 96” and/or 84” Tempering Furnace. You will check every piece to ensure it meets quality standards prior to loading and preparing for transport and report any issues to the Furnace Operator for correction.
• Become part of the team by communicating positively with lead-hand, co-workers, and supervisor
• Ensure all equipment is in safe operating condition including daily PPE checks
• Unloading glass will require crane operation and/or manual lifting of no more than 75lbs
• Measure tempered glass for accuracy and quality; reject if incorrect and advise operator accordingly to uphold quality standards
• Adhere tags to completed glass and place on distribution dolly based on tag location requirements
• Select the appropriate tagged glass and load onto dolly by size and dimension to ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed
• Use appropriate glass separators for glass type to maintain quality control
• Helping at the load end of the furnace and in Swiping when required
• Role will include multi-tasking in the department and cross training in different functions
• Communicate dolly completion and move throughout the plant as required
• Responsible for proper disposal of broken glass and general housekeeping within the department
• Operate a forklift as required
• Positive attitude with team orientation
• Willingness to learn new things and cross-train in new areas
• Responsive to change in priorities and immediate demands
• Entry level position
• Maximum manual lifting requirement of up to 75 lbs
• Will provide all training as required
• Must be able to consistently lift up to 75 lbs at plant location
• Ability to work a night shift. Schedule is Sunday to Thursday from 9:30pm to 6:00am
• Be able to maintain composure in a continuously changing environment
• Be able to remain in an upright position for long periods of time
• Daily and/or weekly overtime required, not to exceed statutory legislation
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.