Glass Production - Insulated Glass - Battle Ground, WA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Battle Ground, WA 98604, US
Laborers and Production Workers
The General Production role in our Battle Ground location isn’t just a job, it’s a starting point to a great career with a great company. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us, and we will equip you with the knowledge you need to be successful. We have an incredible track record of promoting from within at our Battle Ground location. You can be our next success story.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner, who loves to be a part of a team, and who wants to help us get better, every single day. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
This position is performed in a manufacturing environment and requires material including glass be moved from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite the glass/object throughout the plant. We have a "team concept" instituted for shop floor production workers, which requires each worker to perform different functions on a rotating basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Handling glass and metal product from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more hours daily
2. Transporting of materials including glass from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite the production process.
3. Quality inspection, operating equipment, and/or manually maneuvering equipment
4. Reading labels to expedite product flow into other departments
5. Understanding layout of the facility to ensure proper product flow
6. Loading and unloading a furnace or production line
7. Inspecting product for any abnormalities and notifying supervisor immediately of any issues
8. Utilizing a tape measure to ensure product is within the product specifications
9. Regular and predictable attendance, ability safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
1. Must speak, read, and understand English
2. All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production, performing different job functions on a rotating basis
3. Ability to read and effectively use a tape measure
4. Read and perform mathematical calculations and measurements with numbers, fractions, and decimals
5. Flexible availability including starting times and/or overtime and weekends when necessary
1. Previous Plant/Warehouse environment experience
2. Previous glass handling experience
3. High school diploma or GED
1. Muscular, cardiovascular and upper/lower body manipulation is used to move the glass/object through the glass fabrication process (bending, twisting, and reaching)
2. Gripping, cupping, clamping hand and wrist motions are required to support, carry, and maneuver glass/objects to platform heights of three feet in a manner considered safe for self and others
3. Ability to wear required safety equipment, including safety boots with metatarsal guards and stand for extended periods of time
4. Able to lift up to 75 pounds unassisted on a regular basis including carrying, pushing, and pulling motions
5. Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, cold, humidity, etc.)
1. Only online applications will be accepted
2. When applying, please provide full employment history
3. Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.