Grade Crew Foreperson - RiverBend Construction (Eugene, OR) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Eugene, OR 97408, US
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Manages personnel in a safe and effective manner by providing onsite direction and guidance for employees during the course of the workday by using sound independent judgment and application of knowledge.
- Coordinates daily work activities, job site organization, reading of plans, etc.
- Supervises and schedules work crews.
- Organizes job site goals, timelines, and budgets.
- Orders required supplies and materials.
- Drive to various job site locations.
- Consults with other project supervisors and engineers, attends meeting, performs on-site inspections and conducts weekly safety meetings.
- Prepares and maintains required written records, logs, progress reports, time and weight tickets, attendance records and safety and inspection documents as required.
- Sets grade stakes to guide earth moving equipment operators in sloping highways and fill embankments using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Reads survey stakes on the jobsite to determine grade specifications for excavating.
- Assists with general laborer duties as needed, which may include shoveling, laying asphalt, installing pipes, crusher maintenance, and other tasks as required.
- Performs pre and post shift inspection of equipment.
- Assists with heavy equipment operation in a safe and effective manner, as needed at job site locations.
- Maintaining time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing
- Other tasks as assigned to meet business needs
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions
- Regular and timely attendance
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 2 to 5 years of related construction experience or an equivalent combination of education and training.
- Must have knowledge of proper equipment operation, grade and work operations.
- Use of machines, tools, equipment; grade roller, backhoe, bulldozer, front-end loader, finish blade, power broom, hand and power tools, shovel, broom, computer and office equipment.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
- Must be a current member or join Local Union within 30 days of hire.
- Valid Driver’s License required
- CDL Preferred but not required
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Eugene Sand & Gravel is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.