Grade Foreman Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Ogden, UT 84401, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
Last Revised Date:
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Coordinates daily work activities, job site organization, reading of plans, etc.
- Supervises and schedules work crews.
- Organizes job site goals, timelines, and budgets.
- Orders required supplies and materials.
- Drive to various job site locations.
- Assists with general laborer duties as needed, which may include shoveling, laying asphalt, installing pipes, crusher maintenance, and other tasks as required.
- Assists with heavy equipment operation, if trained, as needed at job site locations.
- Maintaining time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing
- May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical agilities testing.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
- Standard Driver’s License required
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional employee situations; Responds promptly to employee needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Staker Parson Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.