Gunite Batch Truck Driver - Antelope, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Antelope, CA 95843, US
Primary Job Function:
Drivers are responsible for loading their trucks with a front end loader and cement silo. They then accompany the gunite crew to each job. Upon arrival, they help to set up the equipment which includes unloading an air driven hopper and rolling out the hoses. Assist the gunite crew with set up of jobsite(s) to include protection of the environment, and surrounding real property. While the crew is working on the project, the driver runs the sand/cement off of their truck into the hopper and regulates the air flow from the compressor as needed. Upon completion of each job, drivers help to clean up the site and re-load the equipment. There are two drivers assigned to each crew. While one driver is running off their material, the other is expected to ensure that both the mixing auger on their truck and the spare hopper is chipped out.
- Report to work on time when scheduled.
- Safely operates power equipment and hand tools while performing all duties in conformance to appropriate safety standards. Must be able to safely operate and perform the tasks in accordance with the DOT regulations.
- Conducts Pre/Post Trip Inspections Daily.
- Inspects and maintains augers, guns and hose(s) to insure that all are in proper working condition for safe operation. Makes repairs as necessary and immediately reports any deficiencies which may present safety or quality concerns to the supervisor.
- Maintains constant visual contact with the gunite crew and uses established methods of communication, such as hand signals, to insure proper material flow to the nozzle.
- Assists gunite crew in set up / break down of jobsite tools and equipment.
- Keeps both guns clean at all times.
- Lubes all chains on batch truck daily.
- Keeps mixing augers chipped, cleaned & greased daily.
- Batch truck drivers and gunmen are responsible for whips and bull hoses.
One year commercial driving experience is required. Must have a valid Class A or B CDL License.
Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to the construction industry.
Working knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in the construction industry.
Skill in operation of tools and equipment.
Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Preferred Materials – Concrete Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.