Heavy Equipment Operator, CDL - United Companies - Grand Junction, CO Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Grand Junction, CO 81505, US
Forklift, Equipment and Machine Operators
- Operate heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks on all equipment prior to use.
- Report any issues or concerns with equipment to Supervisor, Safety Manager, or HR immediately.
- Load and unload materials onto/from trucks, trailers, and other vehicles using various types of machinery.
- Operate excavators, shadow buggy, asphalt roller, skid steers, and other heavy equipment to move earth, clear debris, and level land.
- Dig trenches, holes, and other foundations as directed.
- Assist in the construction buildings, roads, bridges, and other.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Experience operating heavy equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of the aggregate, asphalt, paving, and construction industry is preferred.
- Must maintain a CDL A license with tanker endorsement, preferred.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must possess a valid CDL A License and DOT Medical Card, preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends, when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and productions areas as stated by OSHA and MSHA.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Knowledge of aggregate sizes and classifications.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions from supervisors to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions.
- Ability to recognize hazardous conditions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment, as well as being able to work independently with attention to detail. .
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed; able to consistently work independently.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
United Companies, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.