Highway Project Superintendent-HK Idaho Falls, ID Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Idaho Falls, ID 83402, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
- Work with Project Manager/Estimator to develop project schedules and updates.
- Work with or in lieu of the dispatcher to schedule projects, manpower and equipment.
- Work with or in lieu of the dispatcher to schedule equipment movement and transport schedules.
- Participate in project meetings with contracting agencies and customers.
- Participate as required in pre-bid and post job meetings to evaluate performance and profitability of project to ensure goals are attainable and being met.
- Interface daily with job foreman to ascertain their needs, problems, and job progress.
- Make sure that foremen have the timecards for their crew turned in on a timely basis and that coding is correct, and the foreman has signed card. Also ensure all required equipment documentation is completed and accurate.
- Check daily cost sheets for correctness, compliance with estimated cost, and if over budget, find out why and report to management.
- Prior to job startup, review with the job foreman the project plans, specifications and review the project startup list to ensure that each item is done, i.e., dig line has been contracted.
- Assist Estimating by providing feedback on job progress as opposed to as estimated.
- Assist Estimating as available by performing field measurements determining sources.
- Check that foreman’s job quantities are correct and submitted to Estimating; remember they will generate the invoice based on what you report.
- Maintain, in conjunction with the hot plant operator, adequate oil supplies and fuels to meet the project’s needs. Review Hot plant reports, crusher reports, job reports.
- Supervise foreman and other related employees.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- A minimum of 5 years construction supervisor related experience
- Will be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical agility testing.
- Ability to influence people to work enthusiastically towards goals and performance targets by effectively providing necessary coaching, mentoring, and feedback.
- Ability to lead and manage change through continuous performance improvement in employee development, quality, safety, and production.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
- A Standard Driver’s License is required. A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is preferred.
- Traffic control certificate is preferred.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
HK Contractors, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.