HR Construction Summer College Internship (May - Aug 2021) (Cedar Park, TX) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cedar Park, TX 78613, US
- Assist with various projects by providing insight and offering relevant knowledge
- Participate in team meetings and engage with leaders across multiple business units
- Complete various HR-related tasks and day-to-day duties to include running reports, tracking training, requisition management, facilitating research by conducting interviews, analyzing information and making recommendations
- Provide comprehensive report out to senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Must be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- Must be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of computers
- Be able to effectively carry out assigned duties in varying work environments and in different terrain (including various weather conditions)
- Flexible with work locations – must be able to travel/relocate for the work term
- Students must be working towards a construction management, engineering, or Human Resources degree. Must be available to work full time during the summer semesters of 2021 (May through August).
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Texas Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.