HR Manager - Acheson, AB Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Acheson, AB, Canada
- Recruiting & Onboarding - workforce planning/development across region. Supporting local and national recruiting, onboarding and succession programs.
- Compliance & Retention – ensuring implementation of HR Policies and salary programs throughout the region to ensure a competitive, complying and safe work environment.
- Training/Coaching - developing and stewarding regional training programs and initiatives. Fostering mentoring skills, creating a coaching culture across all locations. Coaching leaders on all their people management tasks.
- Performance Management and Employee Development - partnering with Managers, Regional HR Director and Company President on people development initiatives, talent review and performance management processes; developing strong present and future leadership talent within the organization.
- Organizational Effectiveness - driving HR Review process and ensuring consistent processes across all locations.
- Employee / Labor Relations - provide employee and labor relations guidance and leadership to the businesses to ensure an optimal environment exists for employees to perform at their best. Ensure legal compliance and consistency in the handling of employee matters. This may include, promotions, performance issues, terminations/disciplinary actions, layoffs, EEO complaints/lawsuits/grievances, assist in union contract negotiations (2 locations are unionized); identifying issues within facilities and proactively address them.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, preferably in Business or Human Resources
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive HR Generalist experience
- CPHR professional certification
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Experience in multi-site operations with the ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Competitive base salary and excellent variable pay plan
- Comprehensive Benefit Program (many are Employer paid)
- Matching GRRSP
- Flex Days
- Safety Recognition Program
- Employee Education Assistance Program
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.