Human Resource Assistant/Compensation Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Ogden, UT 84401, US
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Assists Human Resources with administrative responsibilities and special projects, including compilation of data, data analysis and report preparation/generation.
- Coordinate and support functions involving Total Reward Statements, compensation analysis, market data/surveys and merit/bonus processes.
- Assist with data maintenance in compensation system and working with the team on improving collection and reporting the data.
- Manage and maintain cross border travel program for employees.
- Champion Human Resources initiatives as well as serve on Division/special project teams as needed.
- Participate in evaluating, monitoring, organizing and producing training programs on multiple platforms to ensure success.
- Lead or facilitate Human Resources training and/or leadership training on occasion.
- Proactively and creatively look for opportunities for HR best practices/efficiencies.
- Advise on HR laws and internal policies for compliance, consistency and efficiency.
- Assist in recruiting activities such as position posting, advertising, personnel documentation, background checks, E-Verify, references, training and on-boarding orientation.
- Provide outstanding customer service and HR support to all employees to achieve compliance with all HR policies and procedures.
- Assists with other duties and projects as assigned.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must have a high level of customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Safety Manual.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Adherence to federal, state and local regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline AND/OR at least two (2) years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Experience in Compensation Analysis is preferred.
- Experience in a construction environment is preferred.
- Experience in creating and presenting training on various HR related topics..
- PHR/SPHR desired.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations.
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and HRIS proficient. Intermediate to skilled level proficiency in Excel.
- Exceptional customer relations skills a must along with the ability to build relationships with all levels of employees.
- Ability to work remotely and be able to be effective in a virtual environment.
- Must be a proven self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Knowledge of human resources policies and procedures.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to: computers, copiers, ten key adding machine, printers, etc.
- Proficiency of MS Excel and Word applications required.
- Ability to analyze issues independently.
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure.
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of integrity, professionalism, fairness and confidentiality in all aspects of job performance.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Standard office environment.
- Tempo is fast-paced with deadlines.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be moderate.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH's Americas Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.