Industrial Electrician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Marble Falls, TX 78654, US
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Maintain all electrical components at company locations including plants, scale houses and mechanic shop.
- Follow directions of supervisor as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
- Perform general labor duties when necessary.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Vocational school or junior technical college training in electronics.
- Satisfactory completion of formal apprenticeship or completion of in-plant, four year training program to satisfaction of the plant training committee.
- State license required (Grade III) for Installation and Industrial Electrician.
- Must have a Journeymen's license and experience with VFD's, soft starts and other motor controls.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator's permit to operate electrician's cart and forklift truck for installation jobs.
- Valid state driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required.
Two years minimum experience as an Electrician required.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes and Safety Vest.
Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to others when responsible for flow of electrical power.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, and use hands.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hand and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Conditions where there is danger to life, health or bodily injury such as closeness to moving mechanical parts; working on scaffolding and high places; exposure to burns, radiant energy, explosives, toxic chemicals, and electrical shock.
- Exposed to high voltage electricity.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Competitive base pay
- Medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Texas Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.