Instrumentation & Electrical Supervisor - Seattle, WA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Seattle, WA 98134, US
Schedules, coordinates and assigns duties for plant electrical maintenance and repair work. Monitors progress and performance of electrical maintenance workers. Uses independent judgment in performing duties. Works from general policies and objectives with specified standards to use as guidelines. Refers to department manager or superintendent when clarification or interpretation of organizational policy is needed. Provides supervision to approximately 5-10 electrical/instrument maintenance employees as well as any contractors hired to work on a particular job.
- Supervises, evaluates, and monitors work performance of Instrumentation & Electrical maintenance workers to ensure that work is performed properly, and compliance with safety standards is achieved.
- Receives, reviews, and executes instrumentation/electrical plant work orders. Assures required material and equipment is available, and documents the work performed.
- Schedules, assigns, and communicates instrumentation/electrical preventive maintenance and repair jobs while minimizing equipment downtime.
- Trains plant electricians in the performance of industrial electrical equipment maintenance and process instrumentation calibration.
- Trains plant electricians in the theory and operation of electrical equipment and machinery, PLC control systems, and industrial networking.
- Responsible for completion, accuracy, and maintaining records of federally regulated performance audits of the plants Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems.
- Collaborates with department superintendent/manager regarding preventive maintenance and troubleshooting techniques involving major electrical equipment.
- Promotes safety awareness and accident prevention. Conducts and/or participates in safety tailgate meetings. Maintains required MSHA records.
- Prepares for future projects by requesting the purchase of needed materials, parts and equipment to maintain an appropriate inventory supply level.
- Designs, plans, and schedules new electrical projects, as well as upgrades or modifications of existing electrical equipment.
- Ensures that calibrations and operational checks of plant process instrumentation are performed at the required intervals.Prepares required paperwork concerning timekeeping for the electrical maintenance workers, closing paperwork for work orders and prepares reports as requested.
Assists as requested in capital expenditure budgeting.
Assists as needed in solving problems with production and process control involving instrumentation, control circuits, and power distribution.
- Maintains required electrical, instrumentation, and communication network drawings, records, and documentation.
- Ensures that workmanship and materials involved in electrical power distribution systems and the calibration of process instrumentation are properly conducted and meet all applicable codes.
- Performs other job related duties as needed.
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Knowledge of electrical circuits, Ohm's Law, programmable logic controllers, plant safety and lockout procedures and the theory and practical application of the following types of electrical machinery: motors, switch gear, starters, AC & DC variable speed drives, overhead and underground electrical distribution systems, transformers and their associated controls.
- Thorough knowledge of national electrical code and ability to apply the requirements.
- Ability to use computers, understand electrical drawings, and furnish "mark-up"/ "as built" drawings and specifications upon completion of projects.
- Problem solving, decision making, communication and supervisory skills
- 5 or more years of experience in related work. Educational classes in related area may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- Two years college or technical school in related subject matter or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.