Lead Hand - Night Shift - Calgary, AB Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Calgary, AB T2C 2K3, Canada
- Health & Dental benefits
- 4 paid flex days annually
- 6% Vacation after 3 years
- 5% RRSP/DPSP Match
- All PPE provided with boot allowance (we pay up to 60% to a max of $120.00 every 2 years)
- Cross training and advancement opportunities
- Maintain and create working relationships with your team.
- Coach and train employees through challenges on the floor.
- Staffing reviews to be completed by Supervisor with Lead Hand input and presence.
Coordinate production work-flow.
- Ensuring we have the right product in the right place at the right time. This includes coordinating and communicating with the required staff to ensure the work gets done.
- Daily use of Rack Management System (RMS).
- Ensure all Quality/ Safety documents are completed daily.
- Ensure all production schedules are completed at the end of the shift and that company quality standards are met each day.
- Ensure that all personnel, prior to the start of shift, are wearing the correct safety equipment and that safety awareness is maintained throughout the shift.
- Report all safety and quality deficiencies to Supervisor.
- Report to maintenance and/or safety personnel any safety hazards or equipment malfunctions and/or maintenance. Use of E-Maintenance required.
- Communicate employee issues/conflicts with Supervisor.
- Positive attitude with team orientation
- Willingness to learn new things and cross train in new areas
- Responsive to change in priorities and immediate demands
- Entry level position
- Maximum manual lifting requirement of up to 75 lbs
- Will provide all training as required
- Minimum 2 years manufacturing experience.
- Able to plan, allocate resources, manage production and coordinate people and equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic understanding of equipment operation.
- Problem analysis resolution/ critical thinking skills.
- Able to read and perform basic mathematical calculations as well as read, write and identify measurements in numbers, fractions and decimals at a high school education or equivalent level.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.