Machine Operator - Abbotsford, BC Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Forklift, Equipment and Machine Operators
The Machine Operator is responsible for tasks such as assisting with the manufacturing of product, house-keeping, and general laborer responsibilities. The successful candidate will have 1 to 3 years working in a manufacturing environment & will be available to work day, afternoon and evening shift on a rotational basis.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Wearing all PPE & on the production floor prior to the beginning of the shift
- Acquire knowledge of all products being manufactured (e.g. type of products, colour, size, uses, etc.) to gain better understanding of product specifications and possible quality control concerns
- Sort all product coming down the line in the appropriate pattern for palletizer
- Act as quality control for all product coming down the line before product is palletized; notify Plant Management of quality control issues
- Stop the line when deemed necessary (e.g. quality control issues, machine break-down, etc.) and notify Machine Operator and Plant Management of reason for stopping the line
- Climb into mixer and clean daily by taking chipper to remove dried-on material stuck to the insides of mixer
- Learn and master lock-out/tag-out procedures
- Perform general housekeeping duties such as sweeping and keeping line area free of debris
- Must be a champion of safety practices, not afraid to speak up when there is a safety concern and adhere to all safety protocols and workplace policies.
- Complete duties or training requirements as assigned by plant management
- Must have your own means of reliable transportation as public transportation is not available
- General laborer experience is considered an asset
- The ability to work at heights, in confined spaces and to lift between 40 to 60 pounds is a must
- Ability to work extended shifts in physically demanding role (8-10 hour days) and able to withstand the working conditions associated with concrete product manufacturing (extended periods of standing, noisy, dusty, etc.)
- Competitive base wages
- Comprehensive Benefit Program
- GRRSP Program
- Many career advancement opportunities
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.