Machine Operator - Cleveland, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cleveland, TX 77327, US
Forklift, Equipment and Machine Operators
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Observe equipment operation and components, such as sensors, limit switches, proximity switches, conveyor belts, and photo eyes, to detect machine malfunction
- Read gauges, change settings, move levers, shift gears, and depress pedals to operate equipment
- Use touchpads and computerized equipment to program automated machinery
- Set stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule or templates
- Perform routine maintenance of production equipment to include lubricating, fueling, and cleaning
Requirements / Education / Experience
- At least 3 years of related experience in trades specific to job requirements; or equivalent
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Working knowledge of safety principles, such as lock-out/tag-out
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear
- The employee will be required to sit for extended periods of time
- The employee may frequently stand on their feet
- The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. from the ground level. The need to lift over 65 lbs. may arise from time to time – should this be the case, employees should engage in team lifting and/or use the provided equipment to safely lift
- The employee must have the capability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and your whole body – bending, crouching, climbing - using steps and ladders, pushing pulling, stooping and reaching
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.