Machine Operator - Phoenix, AZ Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Phoenix, AZ 85041, US
Forklift, Equipment and Machine Operators
You will operate plant machinery as directed while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures to produce a superior product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
- Set stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule, or templates
- Observe machine operation to detect product defects or machine malfunction
- Review product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearance assuring product meets quality requirements
- Perform routine machine maintenance
- Assist other operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product
- Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion in assigned area
Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma/equivalent; or at least one month of related experience in trades specific to job requirements; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience operating Besser V-3 or Columbia Block Machine Model 1600 or Model 16 preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Have the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Experience working with Microsoft Suite to include Word, Excel, etc.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs or up to 50 lbs with assistance
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Sorry, this job is closed.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.