Maintenance Electrician - Seattle, WA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Seattle, WA 98134, US
- Performs preventative maintenance on: EPA regulated extractive gas analyzers, extractive gas analyzer systems for other processes, large horse power air cooled motors, natural gas firing equipment for a rotary cement kiln, and pulverized coal processing and dosing systems.
- Troubleshoots and repairs: Plant wide PLC control system, MCC (Motor Control Center) equipment, AC VFDs and DC VSDs, plant wide fiber optic and copper Ethernet communication system, and plant IP network video system in addition to all electrical circuits and systems associated with cement manufacturing.
- Calibrates and provides documentation for: weigh scales, weigh feeders, temperature/pressure transducers, and opacity monitoring equipment for environmental compliance.
- Collaborates on design and installation: Motor control equipment, networking equipment, process efficiency improvements, power saving technologies, and condition monitoring systems.
- Always be ready and willing to react to the plants needs to ensure production goals are met
- Consistently provide excellent and courteous electrical support to all plant personnel.
- An associate’s degree in related technical field or equivalent experience working in similar environment or on similar equipment.
- Proficiency with computers, standard computer programs, and web research.
- Analytical, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Work requires walking, using stairs, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling, working in an awkward position, and lifting objects that occasionally weigh up to 100 pounds. A pre-employment physical is required.
- Ability to work at heights up to 250 feet.
- Experience performing related electrical and/or instrumentation repair and maintenance responsibilities.Knowledge of contactors and starters, motors and motor controls (hookup and sizing), AC/DC motors, transformers, motor bearings and shaft alignment, PLCs, pneumatics, hydraulics, power distribution, and cable preferred
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.