Maintenance Manager - Durkee, OR Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Durkee, OR 97905, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
At Ash Grove Cement, people are our first priority. We offer a complete benefits package, and opportunities for your continued growth and development!
- Promote and follow all plant safety guidelines.
- Establishes, communicates, and assigns job responsibilities, goals, and performance standards for employees within the Maintenance Department.
- Collaborates and coordinates with other department management regarding maintenance projects and priorities.
- Reviews, plans, schedules and supervises all maintenance repairs and preventive maintenance activities for the plant.
- Develops and executes major shutdown schedules, real-time updates, and post-shutdown critiques.
- Oversees all aspects of the maintenance department.
- Evaluates performance and recommend merit increases and promotions.
- Obtains, coordinates, and supervises the work of contractors for specified repairs.
- Meets with vendors regarding new maintenance equipment and other supplies needed for executing maintenance responsibilities.
- Supports and actively participates in plant safety and environmental programs.
- Coordinates with plant management on priorities and schedules for plant projects.
- Works with Planner to review, plan schedule and supervise all maintenance repair and preventive/predictive maintenance activities for the plant.
- Investigates and resolve unusual problems or difficulties in maintenance projects.
- Specifies engineering data and solicits competitive pricing on the purchase of major equipment and parts.
- Coordinates with storeroom personnel concerning the number of supplies and parts needed for maintenance activities.
- Works with Planner to compile records and data regarding maintenance projects and prepares reports for management.
- Ensures that maintenance personnel complies with plant and Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) safety rules and regulations.
- Assists in developing the annual budget, implementing the approved budget, preparing maintenance budget and capital project documentation
- Ensures proper training is conducted for new department employees and existing employees as needed.
- Conducts meetings for supervisors and department heads to set maintenance priorities and environmental issues.
- Collaborates with Plant Manager to discuss goals, strategic planning, etc., and ensures that these directives are achieved.
- Performs daily surveillance of operations by conducting plant inspections and discussing maintenance requirements with supervisors.
- Conducts monthly safety meetings and trains employees on safety regulations and standards. Evaluates safety hazards on a proactive basis and investigate accidents.
- Participates in labor contract negotiations investigates problems and tries to resolve them before they become grievances and meets with union representatives.
- Reviews the maintenance reports to analyze trends. Assists Plant Manager in preparing annual budgets for company executives.
- Recommends improvements and other types of suggestions to improve plant operations.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to read, write and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc.
- Minimum 4 Year / Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field in lieu of degree/diploma equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 Cement manufacturing facility with specific exposure to management responsibilities.
- Proficient in English written, verbal communication and listening skills.
- Ability to make decisions and to exercise sound judgment in arriving at a conclusion
- Ability to perform, organize and prioritize work under general supervision
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Knowledge of all equipment and machinery used in the plant and how each of them functions.
- Knowledge of maintenance techniques and repair procedures on general types of industrial equipment
- Knowledge of maintenance techniques and repair procedures for equipment specific to the production of cement such as kilns, ball mills, roller mills, air separators and Fuller-Kinyon pumps.
- Knowledge of MSHA safety regulations.
- Knowledge of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) environmental regulations
- Knowledge of procedures for welding operations,
- Knowledge of design and drafting skills
- Knowledge of construction techniques for buildings of different types like concrete block, wood and steel construction.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- May require the ability to climb ladders, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds, enter confined areas, and be exposed to extreme temperatures and dusty environments. Understands and can use Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Power Point and Avantis (CMMS) software.
- Uses independent judgment in making decisions regarding plant maintenance and in analyzing unusual maintenance problems and situations. Works under general supervision. Refers to supervisor when clarification or interpretation of organizational policy is needed.
- Affects job performance through motivation, establishing goals and providing feedback.
- Is an active participant and leader in the Maintenance Excellence Process
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.