Maintenance Manager- Langley, BC Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Langley, BC V4W 0A8, Canada
Our Maintenance Manager is a key role in our leadership team. This person is not just in charge of making sure our equipment is operating as it should. They’re in charge of leading teams. They’re in charge of making our maintenance processes better. But most of all, they’re in charge of making sure that we are operating safely, all the time.
This role is perfect for the Maintenance Leader that has a knack for continuous improvement, leading people, and doesn’t mind “rolling up their sleeves”. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
- Performs maintenance management by supervising maintenance personnel and maintenance workflow
- Maintains manufacturing assets and facility, parts inventory, generating purchase orders, invoice approvals, and manages the department budget.
- Ensure that all personnel, prior to the start of shift, are wearing the correct safety equipment and that safety awareness is maintained throughout the shift. Confirm that employees have been instructed on the proper safety procedures
- Report to Plant Manager any safety hazards or equipment malfunctions immediately to get scheduled for repair
- Establishes, assigns and communicates job responsibilities to maintenance department personnel. Ensures employees are properly trained and their job functions are being performed correctly. Monitors and evaluates their job performance
- Assist and direct maintenance personnel in diagnosis of malfunctions in equipment and machinery
- Observe mechanical devices and equipment to determine proper functioning and identify root causes of malfunctions. Provide and implement corrective actions to address.
- Order parts needed for special projects, routine maintenance requirements, spare parts, tools and equipment needed
- Plan and implement a schedule of routine and preventative maintenance procedures using CMMS
- Prioritize all work orders to meet due date deadlines
- Ensure all maintenance schedules are completed at the end of the shift and that company maintenance standards are met each day
- Complete verbal and written disciplinary warnings/counseling in accordance with the company’s policy and procedures
- Experience in manufacturing preferred, but not required
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in training, education or 5 + years of experience as maintenance manager, or equivalent combination of experience, training and education
- Ability to maintain and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic control equipment used in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Ability to read blueprints, wiring diagrams, process sheets, and assembly schematic drawings
- Effective communication and people management skills
- Able to read and perform mathematical calculations, ability to read and write measurements in numbers, fractions and decimals
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Good understanding of electrical, pneumatics, plumbing and hydraulic systems
- Experience with CNC and PLC systems
- Welding, torching and pipe fitting experience is necessary
- Knowledge of local chemical waste removal codes helpful
- Basic computer skills utilizing Excel, Word and Power Point applications.
- Able to use all shop power tools and welding equipment.
- The flexibility to work Saturdays as needed
- The flexibility to be on call
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.