Maintenance Mechanic - 2 PM to 10 PM - Grand Prairie, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Grand Prairie, TX 75050, US
This position requires that objects such as motors, pumps, welding equipment, etc. be moved from one position/location to another in an effort to maintain and repair production equipment throughout the plant. Ability to work with production to ensure timely repair of equipment is essential. Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule including working different shifts and weekends as necessary
Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
- Basic computer familiarity
- Good organizational skills
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Basic understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Ability to understand and work from mechanical and electrical prints
- Experience with CNC and PLC systems
- Some welding and pipe fitting experience necessary
- Knowledge of local chemical waste removal codes helpful
- All shop power tools and welding equipment
- All hand held tools and test equipment
- Welding and electrical test meters and torch
- Tape measure, distortion tester, recording instruments, nails guns, saw, glue guns, and Bandar
- Forklift and scissor (man) lift
- Personal tools are used
- Hazards - Exposure to chemicals/fumes, pinch points, exposure to excessive noise, strain/sprain, laceration/puncture, particulate exposure, contusion, temperature extremes, slipping, burns, shock, loss of limbs
- Controls - Personal protective equipment, safety training, written procedures
- Safety Equipment - Back belt, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, cut resistant gloves, cut resistant outerwear
- Noise levels in the work environment can be moderate to high.
- The plant facility is subject to the same general climate conditions of the region (heat, cold, humidity, etc.).
- Chemicals, dust, pollen, and other typical airborne particulate matter are present within the atmosphere of the production floor and may create some odors in the plant. The Company, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls, and PPE.
- While some chemicals may pose health risks if not properly used, employees are trained on the proper safety equipment and procedures for handling chemicals.
- While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and the WCB, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company’s hazardous communication program.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.