Maintenance Mechanic - Seattle, WA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Seattle, WA 98134, US
- Family Culture – We treat our team like family
- Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance.
- Paid Time Off - Regular full-time employees with less than two years of continuous service will accrue 3.077 vacation hours per pay period.
- Newly hired employees, upon completion of 6 months of continuous service with the company will be provided 40 hours of personal sick time off.
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401k with 5% company match & profit sharing
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement Program - We'll assist with continuing education that aligns with your career goals
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
- Performs rebuilds, repairs, removal, and installation on the following but not limited to gearboxes, pneumatic cylinders, air slides, valves, compressors, screw conveyors, hydraulic equipment, raw mill, finish mill, kiln, etc.
- Performs welding, fabrication, layout, pipe fitting, and plumbing.
- Installation & alignment of critical equipment for reliable operation.
- Documentation and paperwork regarding repairs and follow-up on equipment deficiencies to be entered into CMS.
- To become familiar with and participate in initial and annual training for ISO 14001 requirements.
- To become familiar with MSHA part 46 safety and training policies.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Knowledge of mechanical procedures and techniques, including (but not limited to) rigging, machinery alignment, bearing and seal replacement, lubrication, and reconditioning of parts for overhaul or preventative maintenance purposes
- Skilled in welding and fabrication.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and diagrams for mechanical maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform arithmetic which may include algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructional and maintenance manuals
- Communication and problem-solving skills
- Associates degree, or equivalent, in the technical area of mechanical repair & maintenance
- Two years of maintenance/mechanical work experience in a similar industrial environment.
- Knowledge of maintenance machine shop and millwright procedures and techniques
- Experience in a similarly configured cement production facility
- Documented training in relevant equipment, a partial list includes: Pneumatic pumps, compressors, gearboxes, machinery installation &/or alignment, proper rigging techniques, etc
- Experience with various mobile equipment. Operation of: man lifts, forklifts, cranes, skid steers, etc
What’s next for you?
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.