Maintenance Mechanic - Tracy, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Tracy, CA 95376, US
This role is responsible for the overall maintenance and repair of equipment, tools, and machinery as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Head Mechanic.
- Replace, install, troubleshoot, adjust, and repair production equipment and electrical components
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems and determine how to correct them
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure production machines perform at an optimal level
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists
- Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls, and circuit boards
- Dismantle equipment to gain access and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools
- Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts, and complete tasks as assigned
- Review and comprehend blueprints, schematics, repair manuals, and parts catalog
- Operate all production machines to some degree to better understand machine capabilities and troubleshoot
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- At least 5 years of maintenance experience
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Technical or vocational school certification preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety procedures, operating and maintenance instructions
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics, and electrical principles
- Manufacturing/industrial environment experience preferred
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 65lbs, extended standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing, working inside and outside, and use of fall protection equipment
- Able to perform job tasks in dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
- Must wear company provided personal protective equipment - earplugs, hard hat, safety boots/shoes*, and protective glasses
- $26 - $32 per hour
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.