Maintenance Mechanic - Waco, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Waco, TX 76712, US
This role is responsible for ensuring the proper mechanical functioning of plant equipment and machinery and to troubleshoot any electrical/electronic malfunctions, completing appropriate repairs and maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and repair of all existing electrical and mechanical equipment in the production area
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment
- Operate mechanical tasks as directed by supervisor
- Prepare maintenance reports for management as directed
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, process sheets, and assembly schematic drawings
- Diagnose and test malfunctioning machinery and discuss malfunction with other facility personnel
- Replace or repair faulty electrical and mechanical components of machine
- Calibrate and adjust all electrical and mechanical equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications
- Maintain proper stock of tools and electrical parts to perform routine work
- Weld and fabricate as required
Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma/equivalent or completion of technical school or equivalent in training, experience and education
- At least 2 years of industrial experience in electrical or mechanical support functions
- Must have been employed as an apprentice electrician within the past 18 months
- Must be knowledgeable of OSHA safety requirements, especially those related to electrical and mechanical operations and components
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics and blueprints
- Full knowledge of three phase 480 volt equipment
Working knowledge of three phase motors, programmable controls, circuits, computer interfaces and National Electrical Code
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 100 lbs
- Requires often climbing, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, and twisting
- Ability to use tools and equipment to repair and provide maintenance while standing, crouching, stretching, extending extremities and under extreme work environments
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.