Maintenance Technician - Chandler, AZ Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chandler, AZ 85226, US
This role is responsible for the overall maintenance and repair of equipment, tools, and machinery as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Head Mechanic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, adjust, and repair production equipment, heavy trucks, and special purpose machines as assigned
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts, and complete tasks as assigned
- Weld and use cutting torch as required
- Perform general repairs to plant structures
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Test and troubleshoot malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and discuss with Head Mechanic for approval and repair as needed
- Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls, and circuit boards
- Install equipment and electrical components and test to ensure proper functioning
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools
- Replace and install parts as needed
- Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation
Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma/equivalent, or comparable in training, education or experience
- Technical or vocational school certification or equivalent in training or experience
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions
- Mechanical aptitude and ability are essential
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Knowledge of hydraulics, mechanics, electricity, carpentry, or related field preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Lift tools, machinery parts, and other objects weighing up to 80 lbs. each, assistance available if needed
- Endure intermittent bending, crouching, pushing, pulling, stooping, and reaching
- Standing for an extended period of time
- Able to work under extreme conditions such as hot or cold temperatures, noise, dust, and dirt
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.