Manufacturing Engineer - Fontana, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
fontana, CA 92337, US
- Help identify opportunities for significant improvement at Central Region locations.
- Work extensively with operations and/or sales teams to understand opportunities to apply lean process improvement initiatives and/or capital investment to improve profitability and competitive advantage.
- Translate operational needs into project requirements and specifications.
- As appropriate, solicit proposals from vendors/ contractors to address the project requirements and specifications.
- Together with operations and/or sales teams evaluate proposals received.
- Profit impact
- Time to complete
- Cost to Implement
- Provide planning, training, mentoring, and oversight to plant level teams executing lean process improvement activities.
- Participate and lead activities/events as required.
- Conduct training kaizen events.
- Provide training on 5S and lean tools and techniques as required.
- Provide follow up and tracking to insure identified improvement activities are completed as planned.
- Define and document project scope and cost estimate.
- Assist in preparing request for capital expenditure (CAPEX) and securing its approval.
- Manage project design, permitting, procurement, equipment fabrication, construction and equipment installation, testing, start-up, commissioning and training.
- Insure assigned projects are completed on schedule and on budget.
- Assure the completed project attains the performance objectives defined by the approved scope and specifications.
- Work with permitting agencies to obtain all necessary national, state, and local permits.
- Prepare and keep updated an overall project schedule.
- Oversee detailed design and engineering.
- Review and approve drawing submittals as required.
- Approve all commitments and expenditures related to the assigned project.
- Track project costs to assure compliance with established budget.
- Work with Regional Procurement Manager to prepare purchase order contracts for major vendors, engineers, and contractors.
- Assist procurement in monitoring compliance with specified terms and conditions of the contracts.
- Insure all on site activities are completed safely and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Conduct periodic project review meetings as necessary to coordinate project activities with other site activities.
- Monitor and oversee all on site construction activities.
- Oversee system check out, testing, training, and commissioning.
- Manage punch list completion for project close out.
- Conduct performance testing, as applicable.
- Stay abreast of new technology and make recommendations for its application to the Region’s operations to improve profitability and competitiveness.
- Provide technical support and direction, as assigned, to address specific process/equipment improvement opportunities/issues.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.