Material Handler - Converse, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Converse, TX 78109, US
Forklift, Equipment and Machine Operators
- Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device
- Inventories materials on work floor and supply workers with materials as needed
- Performs routine maintenance to include recharging batteries; lubricating, fueling and cleaning
- Weighs materials or products and recording weight on tags, labels, or production schedules
- Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area
- Ability to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals, and maneuver steering wheel to operate equipment
- Operate 5-ton overhead crane, moving materials and staging 20-foot bundles
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- High school diploma or GED, preferred
- Must be able to pass an internal forklift and/or crane certification program
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
- Lifting no more than 40 lbs.
- Intermittent bending, lifting, stooping, reaching, walking, and squatting
- Standing for long periods of time
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.