Job Description Job Attributes+
Hutchinson, KS 67501, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
Mechanic: Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then CRH is the company for you! Apply for the mobile service/lube technician position today and jump start your career with the CRH family.
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
· Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
· Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSA regulations for safe working procedures.
· Report any problems to your manager.
· Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific duty.
· Service and maintain equipment on a daily basis.
· Operate and inspect machines and equipment to diagnose defects.
· Perform oil and filter changes as needed.
· Take oil samples.
· Keep accurate records.
· Clean and maintain service truck.
· Refuels heavy equipment and trucks.
· Greases heavy equipment and trucks.
· Checks and cleans air filters as necessary.
· Has same duties and responsibilities as a laborer.
· Perform general cleaning of work areas and maintenance areas.
· Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
· Have knowledge of fuels and lubricants and their applications.
· Have knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety precautions in servicing heavy equipment and trucks.
· Ability to read and write legibly and to keep clerical records.
· Ability to work with and communicate effectively with other employees.
· Ability to lift heavy objects and work under adverse weather conditions.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
· Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
· Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
· Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
· Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
· Be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
· Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
· Report to work at the designated start time.
· Be able to work overtime when required.
· Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
· Must have valid driver’s license and meet the qualifications of the fleet safety program. CDL with Haz Mat preferred.
· Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
· Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
· Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
· Two year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
· Experience in truck and / or heavy equipment fueling, servicing and maintenance.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.