Millwright - Delta, BC Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Delta, BC, Canada
- Cultivate and develop opportunities to incorporate safe work practices into daily working routine; assist others in identifying and adhering to established safety procedures; be mindful of potential safety issues and report them immediately to a Supervisor, Safety Committee member or Group Health & Safety Manager.
- Fabrication – must be able to take a project from concept to build without the assistance of others
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines
- Fabricate new machine parts if original parts are missing or damaged.
- Inspect machinery as it arrives, unload the parts, and then assemble them with the safe and effective use of hand tools.
- Align machines and equipment during installation, using hoists, jacks, squares, ruler, micrometers and plumb bobs.
- Perform preventative maintenance according to a P.M. schedule
- Assist in development of repair estimates
- Conduct repairs, modifications and retrofits, hydraulic install
- Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues
- Provide data to assist in monitoring and tracking project budgets and project status
- Schedules critical and non-critical activities effectively for preventative maintenance program
- Keep detailed and accurate reports and documentation
- Other assigned work as required
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as a Journeyman Millwright with Interprovincial Red Seal
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail & trouble shooting skills
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Overtime as required
- Must be able to work on a rotating shift schedule (days, evenings, and week-ends)
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots
- Confined Space
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Competitive base salary and excellent variable pay plan
- Comprehensive Benefit Program (many are Employer paid)
- Matching GRRSP
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.