Mining Engineer- Staker Parson Materials & Construction (Ogden or Draper, UT) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Draper, UT 84020, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
- Prepare phased short, medium and long term mine plans for operations management.
- Plans, designs and surveys drill patterns in conjunction with vendors and operations management
- Surveys various boundaries and limits for mine planning and property management
- Work closely with state and federal agencies to ensure all permits are compliant.
- Collaborate with teams to develop and promote continuous improvements in drill and blast design. While ensuring compliance with local regulations and company standards as they relate to MSHA.
- Plans and coordinates exploration projects for existing and potential quarry operations
- Assists with compliance issues (Permitting, CAUV, Reclamation, etc.).
- Conduct inventory surveys using drone or traditional surveying methods.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home regularly
- Must be willing to work a few nights and weekends when necessary
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Safety Handbook
- Strict adherence to Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Handbook
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mine Engineering or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school.
- 5 or more years related experience preferred.
- Experience with land surveying instruments, CAD, mine planning software preferred.
- Proficient with Carlson, Auto-Cad, Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Propeller.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Staker Parson Companies, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.