Motorgrader Operator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Muskogee, OK 74402, US
Forklift, Equipment and Machine Operators
**$1500 Sign on Bonus**
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Understands and applies safe use and operation of the equipment and communicates with other employees about safety related matters.
- Performs all functions in a safe manner in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Safe, efficient and proper operation of grader to gouge out, level and distribute earth and/or rocks from land preparation to constructing roads and/or job site grading.
- Moves levers to control tool bars, carriers, and disks.
- Moves levers and depresses pedals to maneuver tractor and raise, lower and tilt blade to clear right-of-way.
- Feels lever and listens for stalling action of engine to estimate depth of cut.
- Drive grader in successive passes over terrain to raise or lower terrain to specified grade following markings on grade stakes or hand signals.
- Communicate with Project Manager/Foreperson as to the daily job specification.
- Discuss with supervisor the anticipated production, type of materials being moved, number of trucks, etc.
- Be aware of other equipment working on the project and coordinate to work with these other equipment.
- Ability to read, interpret and incorporate information derived from the manual for the specific piece of equipment being operated.
- Conduct daily pre-start up procedures, ensuring equipment is in good operating condition (check fluid levels, inspect, clean and lubricate equipment, etc.).
- Greases, oils, and performs minor repairs on tractor.
- Keep equipment clean, promoting positive public image, and enabling close range equipment inspection.
- Complete Equipment and Vehicle Condition Report weekly, noting odometer readings, equipment hours, needed repairs, etc.
- Parks equipment in a place that is readily accessible to the equipment mover.
- Maintain a positive attitude and team spirit.
- Reports to work on time wearing the appropriate uniform.
- Must be able to work variable hours including daytime, nighttime, and some weekend hours, as well as, overtime.
- Ability to travel inside the company’s operational area.
- 3 years of experience required. GPS experience is a plus
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
APAC Central Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.