Oiler/Fueler - Helena Sand & Gravel (Helena, MT) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Helena, MT 59604, US
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently by utilizing equipment within its designed parameters.
- Greases moving parts on trucks and heavy equipment.
- Checks and adds fluids in trucks and heavy equipment.
- Drives and operates a fuel truck to add fuel to the various trucks and heavy equipment.
- Performs oil changes on trucks and heavy equipment.
- Inspects belts and other parts on trucks and heavy equipment for wear and/or repair concerns.
- Performs other servicing and maintenance to trucks and equipment as required, including changing out filters, adding air to tires, etc.
- Drives and operates a service truck. Replenishes fluid and oil containers on the service truck.
- Routinely assist other members of the work force in different areas of production.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Experience and/or training in vehicle, truck or heavy equipment maintenance preferred.
- Must have a valid CDL with hazmat endorsement and a current medical card, or ability to obtain within 90 days
- Must pass pre-employment work screening and controlled substance testing
- Demonstrates good performance, safety and attendance.
- Demonstrates proper lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling techniques.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Service Technicians, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators, and other employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- The job of Oiler is a Very Heavy-Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department of Labor and Industry. Very Heavy Duty involves exertion of more than 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or more than 50 pounds frequently, and/or more than 20 pounds continuously to move objects.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Helena Sand & Gravel is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.